Graduation ceremony for 13 communication professionals - EMScom awards the best consulting project with the Burson-Marsteller Award for Academic Excellence and the best overall average grade with the SPRI Award
Lugano, November 14, 2015 - Thirteen communications professionals received their diplomas on
November 14, graduating from the Executive Master of Science in Communications Management within the Faculty of Communication Sciences at USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
A global leader in this field, the EMScom program prepares professionals in developing new perspectives in key communication management areas and, beyond that, to contribute to their organizations’ corporate strategy. An essential part of the degree is the real-life consulting projects for companies or institutions. These projects are developed and delivered to the client by a team. This year the beneficiaries were: Givaudan (Switzerland), Swiss Re (Switzerland) e Unilever (Germany).
After receiving the diplomas by the President of USI, Professor Piero Martinoli and the EMScom Academic Director, Professor Francesco Lurati, the graduates have received two important acknowledgments: the Burson-Marsteller Award for Academic Excellence and the SPRI Award for the best overall average grade.
Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence
The team receiving the highest grade is awarded with the Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence. Matthias Graf, CEO of Burson-Marsteller Switzerland, presented the award to the members of the “Unilever” consulting project Roberta Buzio (Italy), René Felder (Switzerland), Carolin Hoyer (Germany) e Daniel Schaltegger (Switzerland). The project team has developed an action plan aimed at providing organizational structures and an adequate communication support so that employees can effectively become promoters of the sustainability policy inaugurated by Unilever (Unilever Sustainable Living Plan); the measures developed include activities that Unilever addresses to its stakeholders in the DACH area (Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
The Burson-Marsteller Award for Consulting Excellence recognizes the relevance of a rigorous approach in communication management advising. Recipients of the Burson-Marsteller Award exemplify the excellence for which the EMScom program strives for and the industry standards so highly valued by Burson-Marsteller.
Photos of the graduation ceremony will be available for download at the following link after the event at 18.30 hrs. See link: http://on.fb.me/1SHYBbA
List of graduates with respective position, company, nationality and country of residence
1. Roberta Buzio, Marketing Communications Director Europe, Sealed Air, Italian, Italy
2. Maria Antonieta Durán Gutiérrez, Project Manager-Global UHNW Evolution, UBS AG Wealth Management, Mexican, Switzerland
3. René Felder, Chief Executive Officer, B-Sources Outline AG, Swiss, Switzerland
4. Carolin Hoyer, Corporate Brand and Sustainable Business Manager, Unilever, German, Germany
5. Tommy Jakobsen, Director Communication Management, LEGO Systems A/S, Danish, Denmark
6. Mian Shahzad Khalid, Director Marketing and Communications, United Snacks Pvt Limited, Pakistani, Pakistan
7. Martin Luginbühl, Project Manager Marketing, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swiss, Switzerland
8. Patrizia Luisi, Strategic Planner & Account Supervisor, The Youcan Company Srl., Italian, Italy
9. Dunja Mesic, Head of Marketing Communications for Corporate Solutions, Swiss Reinsurance Company, Serbian, Switzerland
10. Jörg Polzer, Director Corporate Communications, Infront Sports & Media, German, Switzerland
11. Daniel Schaltegger, Chief of Media, FIS Alpine World Ski Championship St. Moritz 2017, Swiss, Switzerland
12. Nicola Strazzari, Head of Research and Development, Vision Plus Media Enterprises, Italian, Italy
13. Sibylle Zumstein, Head of Newsroom, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swiss, Switzerland
About USI and EMScom
The USI Università della Svizzera italiana is part of the Swiss public university system. Founded in 1996, it is distinctive in the Swiss university landscape because of the originality of its degree curricula and the high percentage of international students. USI comprises four main faculties: Economics, Communication Sciences, and Informatics in Lugano, and the School of Architecture in Mendrisio. USI offers a range of executive programs, among those the Executive Master of Science in Communications Management (EMScom).
As a global leader in its field, the EMScom program prepares professionals in developing new perspectives in key communication management areas. Based in Lugano, the EMScom is an intensive part-time program with nine residential sessions spread across twenty months. To reinforce degree candidates’ international perspective, USI Università della Svizzera italiana cooperates with two renowned business schools: the UCLA Anderson School of Management (Los Angeles) and Singapore Management University (SMU) giving participants a unique opportunity to study side by side with Asian peers.