Teaching methods: a balanced mix
The EMScom program delivers a balanced mix of academic and practical teaching combining theory with practice. By encouraging participants to share their professional experience, the program enhances the interactive learning experience.
The teaching methods include lectures, case studies, business simulations and break-out sessions. These are supplemented with guest speakers and field visits, as well as the capstone consulting project.
Participants are expected to bring a high level of engagement. It is their vast experience and diversity that make the program unique. The professor’s objective is to bring these experiences together, challenge the classroom discussion with new ideas and provide frameworks that help participants to analyze strategic issues and make sense of complexity.
Major assets of the EMScom program
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- Intense and uninterrupted environment for discussion and debate away from the classroom
- Opportunities to socialize
- Life-long networking with fellow participants
- Immediate relevance to daily work
- Intercultural understanding beyond integration sessions
- Balanced mix of academia and practical teaching.